Ear Trumpet Myrtle
Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with spring-suspended retro styling. Ideal for live vocal performance use, or single-micing small acoustic ensembles.
Myrtle has the most classic vintage styling of any of our mics, with a design pedigree straight from the 1930s. Her sound, however, is a wonder of modern acoustic design that thrives in current stage environments. She takes the warm, detailed sound and astonishing feedback rejection of Edwina, and adds a low end tuned for accurately capturing acoustic instruments from any distance. Her sweet spot extends from 6 inches out. And she has the low noise and natural clarity to work wonderfully in the studio as well.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components - film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
Ideal for single-miking soloists or small acoustic ensembles, including acoustic instruments and multiple vocalists, on stage or in studio.
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: condenser, large (26 mm) diaphragm
- POLAR PATTERN: cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 - 15K hz (-3dB)
- SENSITIVITY: -38.6dB (12 mV/Pa)
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohm
- NOISE LEVEL (A-weighted): <17 dBA
- POWER REQUIREMENT: +48V phantom power
- WEIGHT: 1 lb (6.1 lbs cased)
- DIMENSIONS: 12” x 6 1/2” x 1 3/4”; head is 3” in diameter
- SKU: ETL-MYRTLE
- View product info with polar pattern & frequency plot
- Metal tool case with foam padding, 15" x 10" x 4 1/2"
- Mic clip